This person in this position is responsible for a wide variety of routine clerical and administrative duties including: taking, referring, and handling incoming messages; maintaining manual and computer files; and other projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Parks and Recreation
- Assists with reserving Parks and Recreation facilities by handling bookings in the reservation systems, hosting tours of the facility, and answering phone and email correspondence related to reserving the facility;
- Codifies all invoices associated with Parks and Recreation facilities and helps reconcile monthly statements associated;
- Provides quality customer service to internal and external customers
- Assists with promoting and marketing efforts of the department facilities, programs, and other information as determined by the Parks and Recreation Director or Park Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Processes invoices for the Public Services Department;
- Operates a computer to produce confidential reports, correspondence, and other documents from rough draft, written copy, oral instructions, and/or dictating machine; takes notes and minutes of meetings;
- Provides administrative support to the Department Directors;
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions for the department;
- Files correspondence and other documents;
- Processes, posts and maintains logs and reports that must be signed;
- Greets and directs visitors to the appropriate person;
- Answers the telephone giving general information to the public and serves as receptionist for the Public Services Department.
- Assists with departmental inventory control;
- Residential Sanitation – new accounts; enters weight tickets; reviews & records solid waste and recycling invoices; forwards new customer information and changes for billing; reviews WSA billing; tracks customer compliance with regulations; customer service related issues.
- Assists with Commercial Sanitation as needed also serves as a back-up for Commercial Sanitation
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of administrative and/or office management experience required. A two-year degree in Business or related field from an accredited business or technical school, and/or extensive office or customer service experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern office practices, methods, equipment, and standard clerical procedures;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the department's rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Knowledge of all municipal functions, contacts, and activities of various departments;
- Skill in operating a computer;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the concepts, practices and procedures of the department;
- Ability to pay close attention to details;
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately oral and written instructions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and maintain accurate records;
- Ability to maintain alphabetical and chronological files;
- Ability to work independently without specific instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and the general public.
- Ability to be poised, diplomatic, tactful, and presents a neat, tasteful appearance.
The work is sedentary work and requires fingering, hearing, mental acuity, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, talking, and visual acuity.
The incumbent works in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs.