The City of Norcross is looking for a full-time Senior Planner. This position is responsible for providing professional planning support for the Community Development Department.
The purpose of this position is to
provide support to the Planning and Zoning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Architectural Review Board by processing applications, preparing staff reports and agendas and attending their meetings. The incumbent in this position will determine the staff response to rezoning, special use permit and variance requests as well as text amendments with input from the Community Development Director. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting with the implementation of both the City’s Unified Development Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan along with other short-and long-range planning studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Composes and types a variety of correspondence, forms, reports and records.
- Responds to requests from developers, contractors, real estate personnel, attorneys and the general public regarding city zoning, land use, and development codes.
- Receives, directs, and resolves requests, inquiries, and complaints from the public.
- Prepares staff reports for Planning and Zoning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Architectural Review Board, and other entities as needed and assigned; processes variance and rezoning applications and code text amendments; accepts applications for and prepares agendas and minutes, public notices, letters, signs, and legal ads for said Boards and performs ARB and Zoning inspections for Certificates of Occupancy/Completion.
- Responds to questions about the City’s UDO, Comprehensive Plan and Sign Ordinance and reviews plans.
- Prepares information for public hearings and board meetings.
- Attends public (evening) meetings of the Boards support is provided for.
- GIS skills and capabilities are desired
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Construction Management; Political Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Five to ten years of experience in a planning, zoning, and development related office. AICP Certification is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Any other duties as assigned by management
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary $50,100 (minimum) up to $65,130 (midpoint) based upon qualifications/experience
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org please verify receipt.
EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please