The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Please apply online at: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=239187&PostingSeq=1
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia’s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university’s vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides guidance and counsels students on an individual or group basis regarding personal, social, academic, educational and career concerns. Connects students with appropriate campus resources to address their individual needs and concerns. Conducts program-specific workshops. Serves on various program, department, college and/or university committees as required.
This position is considered limited-term staff since it utilizes contingent funding which is currently only secured through May 31,2023. Employment thereafter will be conditional based on continued availability of funding
1. Facilitates and conducts required student coaching in assigned area and completes coaching reports for each student meeting
2. Counsels, provides guidance and connects students with appropriate campus resources to assist with questions, challenges, issues and/or concerns
3. Assists students in defining academic, personal, and career goals; supports students with building life skills; encourages co-curricular and/or extracurricular involvement; and facilitates leadership development
4. Researches and follows up on student concerns to ensure concerns have been addressed or resolved; provides crisis intervention as necessary
5. Monitors student progression towards degree completion and graduation
6. Utilizes university systems to initiate/manage student campaigns, sends notifications, reviews pertinent student data and examines file notes
7. Assists in tracking and analyzing key metrics to assess impact of graduation coaching
8. Serves on program, department, college and/or university committees as assigned
9. Assist in the development of customized student programming as needed
10. Conducts workshops and conferences for students as needed
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Two (2) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Working and tested knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) and Student Success Collaborative (SSC) preferred
Experience working or teaching at an institution of higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledgeable in high impact practices, trends in advising and general education requirements for degree programs
Ability to utilize career and personality inventories
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations as they apply to financial aid
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette