The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Brookhaven, located in metro Atlanta, is seeking highly qualified applicants for an IT Technician in the IT Department.
Under general direction of the IT Director, this individual should have a current knowledge of networking technologies and providing information technology support services to maintain some of the following: desktops, network servers, storage servers, firewalls, multiple internet connections, wireless networks, website, private cloud/hosted servers, public cloud services, specialized applications and databases, remote user access, help desk systems, office to office virtual private networks and associated software applications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Installs, integrates programs, administers, and maintains a variety of computer operating systems and applications.
• Establishes and maintains security user security access as required.
• Performs system maintenance activities.
• Plans, develops and analyzes additions, changes and enhancements to hardware and software; determines impact to existing systems, and local/wide area networks.
• Responds to requests from users regarding hardware and software problems.
• Investigates, analyzes and resolves hardware and software-related issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
• Two years of increasingly responsible experience with desktop, network and application support.
• Possession of a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license.
• Pass a background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Wi-Fi, Network Configuration, LAN/WAN
• Basic Desktop/Laptop Break Fix Knowledge
• Active Directory (user account creation/password reset)
• Windows 10 Knowledge
• Helpdesk Support Ticketing Knowledge (Remedy, Zendesk etc.)
• Great Customer Service Skills
• Able to Work in a Fast-Paced Environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Public Safety systems
• Previous experience in a local government setting
• Microsoft MCSA, VMWare, Fortinet
• Microsoft Office 365
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and operate office equipment. Continuous sitting and upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity; light to moderate finger pressure to manipulate keyboard, equipment controls, and office equipment; pinch grasp to manipulate writing utensils. Frequent side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting at waist; moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials; lifting objects weighing up to 20 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 yards. Occasional squatting, kneeling, and reaching above and at shoulder height; moderate grasping to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20-35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee regularly works in a normal office environment.
• The employee may perform some duties outdoors while conducting official business which will require limited local travel.
• Employee may be required to attend some evening and weekend meetings and may be required to assist in special events.
The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.p >