The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Please apply online at: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242192&PostingSeq=1
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia’s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university’s vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves as primary contact with delivery and carrier personnel for receiving and processing incoming supplies and materials. Selects, packs, completes and ships orders, or manages, organizes and retrieves supplies from the warehouse. Assists with the oversight of student assistants. Serves as the backup for other staff as assigned.
1. Researches and recommends purchases for materials requested by facilities department staff
2. Verifies accuracy of orders received against packing list; ensuring receipt of correct quantities and condition of materials
3. Provides delivery and/or order paperwork indicating accuracy or corrections needed per established processes
4. Stores materials in correct warehouse location per guidelines on the same working day
5. Ensures non-stock materials are placed and organized in the designated warehouse location
6. Answers phone calls and assists customers and/or colleagues with any issues or product needs
7. Removes materials from shelves, prepares for shipment or delivery and issues counter releases for weekly custodial orders
8. Fulfills work orders of materials requested by technicians
9. Utilizes the electronic system to accurately key transfers, inventory movements, cycle counts, counter releases and purchase orders
10. Prepares and conducts semi-annual inventory processes per established guidelines
11. Maintains a clean and organized warehouse and work space
12. Maintains a safe work environment following established guidelines, regulations and methods
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Two (2) years of experience in an industrial, mechanical or service industry environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous Inventory Control and/or supply chain experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to move and unload packages and deliveries
Able to operate material handling equipment (i.e. hand trucks and forklift)
Able to complete the following required KSU courses: KSU/DOAS mandatory annual motor vehicle operator training, Clery Act training, KSU fork lift operator training and DOAS GCPA training as dictated
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automotive and carpentry trades, tools, supplies, equipment, etc.
Basic knowledge of product sourcing options and purchasing protocols
Knowledge of standard and KSU storeroom and warehouse policies, processes and procedures
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Aim, PeopleSoft, Chematix)
Strong attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.