This position is responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of crime data.
Essential Job Duties
- Gathers and reviews crime and other data.
- Prepares a variety of regular and special statistical reports.
- Analyzes crime statistics to identify trends; tracks cases to assists in identifying trends and patterns.
- Recommends investigative strategies based on crime data.
- Monitors social media to detect possible criminal activity.
- Creates data maps.
- Creates and maintains CID BOLO reports.
- Contacts case victims for additional information or to update case status.
- Creates and maintains daily activity reports.
- Develops relationships with local business and law enforcement agencies in order to maintain communication regarding criminal activity.
- Attends Local Intelligence Meetings.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies with information requests.
- Overtly displays a positive attitude that sincerely supports and encourages the betterment of the City of Acworth, the citizenry, city officials, supervision, counterparts, and subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge required by the position
- Knowledge of crime analysis principles and practices.
- Knowledge of records management principles.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and principles.
- Skill in the analysis of data and the preparation of reports.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Lieutenant assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include federal, state and local laws, GCIC/NCIC regulations, and department and city policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity/scope of work
- The work consists of related administrative and analytical duties. The need for accuracy and attention to detail contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to collect, analyze, and report on criminal data. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
- Contacts are typically with department personnel, other city employees, business owners, representatives of other law enforcement agencies, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
Physical demands/work environment
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *