The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the cost-effective acquisition of goods and services to meet the ever-changing business needs of Invest Atlanta. The Procurement Manager has a critical role in providing guidance, advice, and support to ensure that IA’s procurement process is effective, efficient, ethical, transparent, equitable and inclusive. The Procurement Manager is a hands-on position and performs all procurement duties; contracting functions for IA; does related work as required; reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Work is performed independently under minimal supervision.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides strategic guidance to leadership with respect to procurement policies and procedures.
• Interprets, research and edits specifications developed by end users to ensure compliance with procurement standards.
• Develops and prepares routine to complex solicitation documents and related correspondence.
• Work with project managers to understand the scope of project and provide information on procurement procedures as dictated by the funding source.
• Obtains/reviews informal quotes for lower cost materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Conducts pre-bid/proposal conferences, formal bid openings, and outreach sessions.
• Manage procurement vendor technology system.
• Conduct, analyzes and evaluates bid and proposal responses to ensure that submittals are responsive and responsible; Documents evaluation findings and makes recommendations for contract awards within set limits.
• Ensure compliance with IA DBE program requirements.
• Exercises appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
• Works with Compliance in enforcing IA Procurement Policies and Procedures.
• Reviews solicitation and submittal language and submittals to ensure compliance with procurement regulations, state law and IA policy.
• Obtains required contract documents.
• Maintains procurement records for assigned projects.
• Audits, reviews, and approves large-dollar quotes and associated documents to assure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with applicable procurement standards.
• Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with vendors, contractors and consultants, IA partners and fosters relations between product and service suppliers and all IA departments.
• Provides advisement and information to IA departments as it relates to procurement Page 2 of 2 policies and procedures, contractor compliance, and availability of goods and services.
• Improves and maintains a centralized procurement document management system in compliance with document retainment policies.
• Represents IA at procurement and/or IA networking events.
• Provide procurement recommendations for division-wide efficiency and improvement.
• Ensures that procurements comply with statutes based on the project funding.
• Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Experience preparing RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s and Bid Agreements
• Knowledge and mastery of procurement theory, principles, and practices; contract development; and contract negotiations
• Knowledge of Federal and State of Georgia procurement regulations.
• Strong organizational, tracking, and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent computer skills with MS Office Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented decision-making environment, involving accelerated program delivery.
• Concentration, accuracy, and attention to details are required.
• Personal integrity and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, to deal effectively with the public and staff.
EDUCATION & EXPIERENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance, Management, or a closely related field. Major course work in procurement, and/or contract management is preferred but not required. Master’s degree optional. • 3+ years of verifiable professional procurement/purchasing experience. Experience in a public/governmental organization (preferred).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS Certification(s) by the National Institute of Public Procurement (NIGP); Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), the Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or Certified Procurement Professional (CPP), or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) are preferred. Experience with disadvantaged or minority business (DBE) outreach and participation required.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.p >