The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Position Title: Court Clerk
Reports To: Court Administrator
Non-Exempt Pay: $21.86/hour
Description: Provides a wide variety of clerical and administrative support work for the Municipal Court.
Education and Experience (minimum qualifications) & desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education and Experience:
•High School diploma or equivalent.
•Considerable experience in performing secretarial, clerical, or related work.
•Any equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
•Possession of or ability to readily obtain and maintain GCIC/NCICcertification.
•Must be fingerprinted.
•Must obtain certification as a Georgia Crime Information Center(GCIC)/Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Network TerminalOperator within thirty days of employment.
•Possession of a valid State of Georgia driver’s license (Class C) and asatisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
•Ability to become a Notary Public.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Considerable knowledge of general office procedures, principles, andpractices; knowledge of computers and computer software including dataprocessing; specialized court data bases and spreadsheets; considerable andworking knowledge of legal language and legal procedures related tomunicipal court functions; some knowledge of basic bookkeeping and basicaccounting principles and practices; knowledge of criminal, traffic, andinfraction procedures.
•Skill in operating listed tools and equipment; skill in researching andorganizing data; skill in using spreadsheet; skill in using specialized courtservices databases and word processing; skill in customer service techniques
•Ability to effectively communicate on a one-to-one basis with the public;ability to maintain effective working relations with employees, otherdepartments, officials and the public; ability to maintain accurate records;ability to type and enter data accurately
•Preference for candidates with bilingual capabilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assists in administering court proceedings and docketing. Prepares correspondence and maintains records.
• Processes deferrals, jail sentences, probations, pre-sentence matters, and failure to appears.
• Assists in the coordination of court matters with defendants, businesses, attorneys, City Solicitor, police department, jail, bonding companies, and other levels of the criminal justice administration system.
• Assists in the receipting, depositing, and accounting for monies for fines, forfeitures, cash bond returns and other court receipts.
• Assists in the preparation of reports for state and local agencies. Ensures correct and accurate input for GCIC pursuant to guidelines. Prepares court dockets and files; checks with jails for special hearings. Prepares bench warrants and subpoenas.
• Receives, logs and indexes incoming filings and citations. Responds to window, telephone, and written inquiries.
• Receipts bail, fines and penalties.
• Processes probation payments.
• Counts, confirms, and prepares cash bonds for deposit and receipting. Enters and retrieves a wide variety of data into computer systems.
• Initiates related paperwork as needed by defendants to facilitate their response to a citation or complaint.
• Performs primary filing of all papers, dockets, index cards, case files, and case related correspondence.
• Processes Failure to Pay, Failure to Comply and Failure to Appear notices. Constructs new case files, filing and retrieving documents, as necessary.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate calendars, sets up court hearings.
• Prepares files for court use, processes timely notices to defendants of arraignments, trials and hearings.
• Works shifts as assigned.
• Responds to requests from Municipal Judge, City Solicitor, and others for assistance and information.
• Responds and processes discovery request that the Municipal Court Receives.
• Performs a variety of courtroom related tasks such as swearing in witnesses, opening court sessions, and marking exhibits in order of presentation in court cases; may serve as matron to female defendants.
• Serves as Assistant Terminal Agency Coordinator TAC for the Municipal Court with regards to record validations, hit confirmations, training and other GCIC and NCIC related matters.
Sedentary work. Requires lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally.
The City of Tucker ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Therefore, qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to discuss reasonable ADA accommodations with management.
Working Conditions/Environment/Safety Sensitive:
Office working environment, indoors, without exposure to weather or environmental elements.