The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Chatham County Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission
The Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (the MPC) is seeking a highly organized and qualified Administrative Assistant to provide a high level of administrative and clerical support to ensure its services to the public, City and County are provided in an effective and efficient manner. This position performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative and clerical functions in support of the Executive team and Directors. Some duties and projects may be of a highly confidential or sensitive nature and is based upon the department assigned.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs word processing duties for preparation of memoranda, letters, departmental procedures, agendas, resolutions, ordinances, and other documents.
• Performs research on policy, rules and regulations, and historical data.
• Maintains the departmental calendars.
• Prepares and coordinates travel arrangements for conferences and training in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Responds to inquiries from the public in person and by telephone.
• Answers telephones; provides information and assistance, takes messages or forwards to appropriate personnel; greets and assists visitors.
• Responds to service requests.
• Receives, counts, verifies, transports and deposit funds collected, if applicable.
• Inventories and orders supplies as necessary.
• Drafts correspondence on behalf of Executive Director.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires Associate Degree in Business or Public Administration or related field supplemented by four (4) years of administrative, clerical, or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suites, PowerPoint, Adobe and Excel
• Knowledge of relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
• Knowledge of office equipment.
• Skilled in developing short- and long-range plans.
• Skilled in establishing priorities and organizing work.
• Skilled in public and interpersonal relations.
• Skilled in the use of office equipment and in the training of others in its use.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, typing and use of Microsoft Office testing and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
MPC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/H
All resumes shall be submitted to the attention of:
Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director, Compliance & Operations
email@example.com or 110 East State Street, Savannah, GA 31412
Deadline for submissions: Open until filledp >