The City of Woodstock, Georgia is seeking a Senior GIS Analyst. This full-time position performs advanced technical work associated with the development, maintenance, and administration of the City’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technology, under the direct supervision of the GIS Manager.
- Develop and manage city geospatial data, including create new databases, perform QC on existing data, create metadata, create, and manage feature services, and manage versioned data.
- Develop and manage ArcGIS Online web and mobile mapping applications and assist with account administration.
- Research new solutions to solve problems and improve current processes; set project timelines; facilitate teamwork; identify resources; implement new solutions.
- Use project management skills to prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines, research problems to find solutions, and create documentation of procedures.
- Create guidelines and training documentation for GIS end-users to learn how to use existing or new procedures.
- Communicate with and provide support to all city staff and the public through the production of high-quality maps, reports, spatial analyses, and other spatial information, as well as troubleshooting GIS-related technical issues.
- Operate a variety of equipment and tools in the field and in the office, which may include Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV, or drone), GPS devices, plotter, printer, or related measuring instruments.
- Read and convert maps, plats, plans, surveys, and similar documents into GIS format.
- Present reports, documentation, and analysis results to city staff, elected officials, and the public.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Maintains a comprehensive awareness of new technologies, methods, trends, and advances in the profession; participates in training and develops new, relevant skills; reads professional literature; maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional affiliations; and attends workshops, conferences, and professional meetings as appropriate.
- Provides guidance to junior members of the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or related field with a specialty in GIS; three (3) years of professional experience with Esri ArcGIS Desktop, Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Requires a valid State of Georgia driver’s license or ability to obtain one within one (1) week of employment. Requires a valid FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot certification or the ability to obtain one within one (1) year of employment. Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Esri ArcGIS 10.X software (Map, Catalog, and Pro)
- Proficient in Esri ArcGIS Online administration and tools (such as story maps, dashboards, data hubs, web applications, and related mobile apps)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise, specifically ArcGIS Server and REST services
- Demonstrate knowledge of relational database management, enterprise geodatabases, ArcSDE environments, versioned data, data creation, and metadata documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of spatial analyses and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of GIS-relevant programming languages (such as Python, HTML, CSS)
- Demonstrate knowledge of different GIS data types, including standard vector, rasters, TINs, 3D, and LiDAR
- Demonstrate the ability to work and learn independently, including the ability to research problems and find new solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to create high-quality functional products, such as maps, web applications, documentation, presentations, and other GIS-related deliverables.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret complex data, and clearly present unbiased results and recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Interact effectively and positively with a wide range of individuals including supervisor, employees, other departments, customers, surveyors, realtors, attorneys, post offices, county/state/federal agencies, the public, and outside agencies as needed, through phone, email, video conferencing, and in-person.
Most of the work is performed in an office setting; however, some limited work is performed outside collecting data with GPS equipment or UAV. Requires working in outside weather conditions with occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, traffic, fumes, and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is frequently quiet to moderate.
The work is sedentary work and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, manual dexterity, hearing, mental acuity, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
The City of Woodstock provides a competitive benefits and compensation package to eligible employees including paid time off, health, dental, vision, short term disability and employer-paid long-term disability as well as life insurance; an employer-paid pension plan and 457 tax deferred savings plan w/employer match; and free gym membership.
Hiring Range: $58,410.61 annually, based on experience and qualifications.
All interested applicants must submit a completed online application. Position open until filled.
To apply go to www.woodstockga.gov/jobs.