The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our municipal services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As a planner you’ll join our collaborative team in Tucker, Georgia and be a highly motivated and detail oriented professional. You'll also:
• Assist the public with questions regarding zoning regulations, development projects, and other inquiries
• Review building permits, sign permits, zoning verification letters, plats, and land development permits
• Conduct zoning reviews for Occupational Tax Certificates
• Provide documents for Open Records Requests
• Research, evaluate, and process variance, rezoning, special land use permit, and comprehensive plan amendment applications
• Attend and present at monthly meetings for the Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Commission
• Ensure legal requirements are met per the Zoning Procedures Act
• Assist in research and drafting of new ordinances and text amendments
• Track issues that have an impact on the goals of the department
• Assist with studies, master plans, and other special projects
• Work on community work program items
• Perform other duties as assigned, including cross training with other departments to cover absences, equalize peak work periods, or balance the workload.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management & Facilities Services (OMFS) projects, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.p >