Assistant Program Supervisor-Athletics
Salary $35,734 - 45,739 DOQ
Reports: Program Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
In this role, the Assistant Program Supervisor - Athletics will coordinate Decatur Active Living sports events and activities; prepares and maintains documentation for activities and participants in City programs. Will interact with patrons in athletic program with written and verbal communication, creating an atmosphere of collaboration by building effective working relationships with supervisor, team members, outside agencies and the general public. The Assistant Program Supervisor - Athletics will assist in the development of programs and will be responsible for promoting and marketing athletic programs to the community. Responsible for serving on the Health and Wellness Team for the City of Decatur.
- Coordinates the provision of City services for special athletic events.
- May recommend modifications of existing athletic facilities to secure needed replacements, alterations and additions.
- Attends a variety of professional meetings to stay current on issues concerning public recreation issues.
- Prepares periodic and special reports.
- Responsible for lining fields for athletic programs- soccer, baseball, softball, ultimate frisbee, flag football and youth baseball.
- Responsible for following budget guidelines and assisting with the athletic budget.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, uniforms, balls, etc. for athletic programs.
- Reports incidents and completes incident report forms.
- Attends GRPA athletic meetings to stay up to date on GRPA rules and issues.
- Responsible for submitting necessary work orders for repairs and notify supervisor of broken equipment.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for payroll of officials and part-time staff.
- Performs related work as required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personal computer skills, including word processing software; calculator; copy and fax machine; phone; a mobile or portable radio; automobile; various sports equipment used in recreation programs, fitness programs, and swimming pools
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in recreation administration or a related field.
- One year of related experience; and/or any equivalent combination of training and experience required to perform the essential position functions.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Obtain first aid and CPR certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain certifications as needed for the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and pool mechanical systems.
- The employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and dry conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online at www.decaturga.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Decatur is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.