Gas Crew Member
This position assists in the maintenance and repair of the natural gas utility system.
- Stocks truck with needed parts, materials, and tools.
- Locates and marks underground gas lines; exposes underground utility lines to identify possible dangers or obstructions.
- Excavates work sites using heavy and light equipment; operates backhoe, dump truck, loaders, etc.
- Performs manual labor using rakes, shovels, post hole diggers, pipe locators, and heat fusion machines.
- Backfills, compacts, and cold patches holes and trenches.
- Removes brush and trees from rights-of-way.
- Assists with pipeline construction, fitting, and maintenance; installs plastic and steel pipelines; makes tap connections.
- Assists in constructing and installing gas pressure regulation and meter stations.
- Assists with installing new gas services.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Locates and repairs gas leaks.
- Repairs broken or damaged pipelines.
- Paints meter stations.
- Performs related duties
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of department safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of gas utility system maintenance and repair principles.
- Knowledge of area streets and roads.
- Knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance principles.
- Skill in the operation of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools and of specialized gas utility maintenance and repair equipment.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
Location:Lawrenceville Public Works Facility, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Department:Gas Job Status:Full-Time Shift:8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Days:Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay:$43,466.99 - $43,466.99
The City of Lawrenceville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State, or local laws.