The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Data Analyst, Senior will support population & employment estimation, REMI economic modeling, land use model development, and regional growth scenario analysis. This work will also include collecting and processing various spatial data and conducting data or modeling result analysis and related statistical analysis.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with spatial data management, have knowledge about various local government data, including parcels, tax digest, zoning, land use and Census data, and have the skills to process related data using ESRI ArcGIS applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and update spatial dataset for Atlanta Region land use models;
- Process census data and support population estimation program;
- Process spatial data and support employment estimation program;
- Assist regional economic modeling and support various economic research projects;
- Improve the forecast methodology and develop spatial economic scenarios to support demographic and socioeconomic forecasts;
- Provide statistical analysis and research support to a variety of projects;
- Process, maintain, and develop various spatial data including parcels, zoning data, group quarters and college enrollment;
- Assist with data analysis, interpretation, and write up of analytical reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge and experience of land use modeling, transportation modeling, statistics, and applied econometrics;
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or Pro) proficiency;
- Knowledge of Census data and local government data (parcels, zoning, land use, etc.);
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to work independently and possess a desire to learn, overcome challenges and solve problems;
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with all members of the project team;
- Ability to establish priorities and organize work with strong time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with general instructions;
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills;
- Possess strong oral and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, urban planning, computer science, information technology or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in data collection and analysis and associated technical support, which may include programming, based on assignment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Master’s degree in city and regional planning, urban studies, public policy, GIS, statistics, or related field.
- Working experience and knowledge in forecasting, spatial economics, city and regional planning, urban studies, land use modeling, transportation modeling, statistical analysis, or database management.
- Programming (R, JAVA, or Python) or applied econometric skills.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $57,058 - $77,028 (no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary).