Facility and Operations Manager
Reports to: Assistant Director
Department: Decatur Parks and Recreation
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm weekdays
FSLA: Full Time
Starting Salary: $53,040-$86,944 Annually DOQ (Exempt) (Target Salary Range: 53,040 – 66,248)
This position is a manager level position responsible for the operations of the Facility Operations Division within the Parks and Recreation Department. Work involves managing the maintenance of recreation facilities, parks and pools in collaboration with the Public Works Department. Provides interpretation of department policies and procedures; co-creates goals and objectives, oversees functions and results of the department through participant, financial and general reports. Work is performed under the direction of the Operations Assistant Director. Supervises crew leaders. Serves as liaison to Public Works.
The list of duties, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Serves as direct supervisor to assigned employees. Determines impact of new personnel policies on department and implements adopted policies. Addresses unresolved complaints and problems.
- Responsible for the Parks and Recreation Facilities division payroll.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Analyzes trends and evaluates facility and park operations and resources utilization; coordinates strategies and protocols to integrate Parks & Recreation services with other departments and agencies.
- Creates and updates building and park security safety measures including conducting playground safety inspections annually.
- Maintains equipment and supply inventory; inspects equipment for maintenance and repair needs; orders equipment and supplies as needed; researches equipment to determine upgrade needs; coordinates with vendors on equipment and supply orders.
- Manages contracts, agreements, and requisitions of services, materials and supplies.
- Effectively manages and oversees annual facility inspections.
- Orders public relations items for distribution at community events and oversees ordering of department logo shirts for staff.
- Writes and submits articles to industry publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, maintenance or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in grounds and turf maintenance, building maintenance, the recreation field with management and government (local, state or federal) experience: or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional or the ability to obtain within six months is preferred.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Driver’s license (class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- CPR and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within one year is preferred.
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification or the ability to obtain within (2) years.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, twist, climb and perform repetitive motions on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) sit, bend, squat, and twist on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time using office equipment and computers.
- Ability to walk, stand and work outdoors while in extreme heat and cold for up to 8 hours daily.
- Ability to deal with constant interruptions, noise, and meet with others on a regular basis.
- Must be able to operate a city vehicle.
- Ability to use a computer, including word processing software; calculator; copier; smart phone; mobile or portable radio.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions.
This job description includes the major duties and responsibilities of the job and is not to be construed as all-inclusive. The duties listed here are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Decatur is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.