The Northwest Georgia Regional Commission (www.nwgrc.org) seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Planning Director in the Planning and Economic Development Department.
The ideal candidate will combine strong project management and team leadership skills with good communication and organizational skills, and planning or development experience, and will demonstrate integrity and dedication to the work and to the communities of Northwest Georgia.
This is an on-site, in-office position, with frequent project meetings and site visits within Northwest Georgia, and occasional attendance at state conferences and trainings.
This position is responsible for assisting in planning, directing, and coordinating the work of the Planning and Economic Development Department.
Examples of major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and implements planning, community and economic development assistance projects; coordinates activities with local governments, regional partners, and state and federal agencies; oversees preparation of grant and assistance applications; oversees and participates in development of community and economic development projects; oversees and participates in range of planning work, projects, and plans; participates in preparation of comprehensive plans and other plans and documents.
- Coordinates training for local governments, commissions, and authorities/ agencies in various planning, community and economic development topics.
- Provides information to and advises local governments on federal, state, and local planning and development requirements.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local requirements for grants, plans, ordinances, and all projects.
- Contributes to the production of reports related to funding and contract obligations, including quarterly reports to the Council, Appalachian Regional Commission reports, and various other reports.
- Assists Planning Director in supervising staff, including guidance in general and specific duties, meeting project deadlines, and providing project guidance and oversight.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of local, state and federal programs and requirements, as well as pertinent legislation and regulations; attends professional development training and conferences; provides updates to department staff and local governments.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the department in order to direct and coordinate work within the department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Salary Range: $60,000- $70,000 based on qualifications.
Job Type: Full Time; Schedule: 8 hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00- 5:00pm with occasional evening meetings
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings/ Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
How To Apply:
Please visit www.nwgrc.org to download the employment application, found at the bottom of the main page.
Please submit the completed application with resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Applications will be received until a suitable applicant is found.