The City of Norcross, Georgia is located about 25 minutes northeast of downtown Atlanta. The purpose of this position is to support the Economic Development Department and city accomplish its goal of growing the local economy by encouraging investment and development throughout the city.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for helping the Economic Development Director to manage the city’s economic development programs and services. This includes duties such as interfacing with businesses and other stakeholder organizations in the community as well as promoting the city to prospective investors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active and regular engagement of existing business establishments throughout the city
- Represent and promote the City of Norcross to prospective businesses, investors and developers.
- Project management assistance (social demographics/economic research, site selection analysis, etc.)
- Help liaise with, coordinate, and attend monthly meetings of the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) as well as the citywide Norcross Development Authority (NDA).
- Attendance at various meetings of local chambers of commerce and other civic/business organizations, as necessary
- Assist with the planning and execution of various events focused on supporting the overall goals of the department.
- Interface with and maintain meaningful and effective professional relationships with the various local, county and state economic development partner organizations.
- Attendance at industry events and conferences as well as professional development events
- Work closely with planning and zoning staff on projects relating to real estate development as well as new businesses.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, Political Science or similar field
- Minimum of one to three years of experience
- Successful candidate must have strong communication skills – both verbally and written.
- Proven ability to organize and manage teams.
- Valid State of Georgia driver’s license (Non-commercial Class A or B); with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Individual must be able to travel to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Experience and proficiency with applicable software tools.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- This position is part of a dynamic work group with a high degree of public interaction. It requires the ability to multi-task, respond to changing priorities and work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of local government rules, city code and legal aspects of local government administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and relationship building.
- Detail-oriented personality
- Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and executing projects.
- Knowledge and ability to comprehend and analyze demographics/business market research.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to develop comprehensive plans from general instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and react positively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and standard office equipment and software.
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing statistical data.
Job Type: Full-time
Additional information can be found at https://www.norcrossga.net/jobs.aspx
Starting Salary: $61,375 (min) to $79,787 (max) BOQ, Full benefits, EOE/DFW
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resume to email@example.com