The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Brookhaven, located in metro Atlanta, is seeking highly qualified applications to become Police Officers. The successful candidate must pass a series of tests and interviews prior to selection as a candidate. Once selected, the candidate must complete academy requirements, and if successful, continue to field training assisted by veteran officers in the Police Department.
• Assists with enforcing City, County and State laws when deemed necessary to provide a safe environment for the public.
• Assists with the preparation of reports on crimes, violations and accidents committed within the City.
• Assists in providing help to crime victims and the public.
• Assists in performing security checks of closed businesses and residential areas.
• Assists in maintaining City car, uniforms, weapons and City property.
• Attends and testifies in court on behalf of the City.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred; US citizen; at least 21 years of age; successful completion of the pre-employment process which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, polygraph evaluation and/or voice stress; valid State of Georgia Driver’s License; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: Visual acuity in both eyes, normal color vision; hear in-person, radio and telephone conversations; recognize differences or changes in sound patterns, loudness or pitch; speak audibly and clearly; identify and distinguish smells of different materials; sit or stand for prolonged periods; walk, run, kneel, stoop, crawl and crouch; make precise and coordinated finger, hand and limb movements; maintain uniform, controlled hand-arm posture or movement; push, pull or drag an adult (averaging 160 pounds); lift and carry all sorts of items (average 50 pounds); use force to restrain/subdue others; work efficiently for long periods of time.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a variety of field and office settings and may require exposure to dangerous and life-threatening situations. Must be willing to carry a firearm; mentally and physically capable of taking the life of another, if justified; willing to work any hour of the day or night (shift work), overtime, weekends, on call and holidays; work at any location in the City and travel on specific assignments.
The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.p >