The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Brookhaven, located in metro Atlanta, is seeking highly qualified applicants for an IT Technician in the IT Department.
Under the general direction of the IT Manager, this individual should have a current knowledge of computer technologies and provide information technology support services to maintain some of the following: desktops, network servers, storage servers, firewalls, multiple internet connections, wireless networks, website, private cloud/hosted servers, public cloud services, specialized applications and databases, remote user access, help desk systems, office to office virtual private networks and associated software applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Wi-Fi, Network Configuration, LAN/WAN
• Basic Desktop/Laptop Break Fix Knowledge
• Active Directory (user account creation/password reset)
• Windows 10 Knowledge
• Helpdesk Support Ticketing Knowledge (Zendesk)
• Great Customer Service Skills
• Able to Work in a Fast-Paced Environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Public Safety systems
• Previous experience in a local government setting
• Microsoft MCSA, VMWare, Fortinet
• Microsoft Office 365
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field
• Three years of increasingly responsible experience with desktop, network and application support and/or equivalent education
• Possession of a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license
• Reliable transportation required to travel between various City and business-related locations
• Pass a background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee sits in an office or computer room.
• Vision – Must be able to see in the normal visual range with or without correction, vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents for a prolonged period of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee regularly works in a normal office environment.
• The employee may perform some duties outdoors while conducting official business which will require limited local travel.
• Employee may be required to attend some evening and weekend meetings and may be required to assist in special events.
The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.p >