Community and Economic Development Representative
The Northwest Georgia Regional Commission (www.nwgrc.org) seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Community and Economic Development Representative in the Planning and Economic Development Department.
The ideal candidate will combine project management and teamwork skills with good communication and organizational skills, and will demonstrate integrity and dedication to the work and to the communities of Northwest Georgia.
This is an on-site, in-office position, with frequent project meetings and site visits within Northwest Georgia and occasional attendance at state conferences and trainings.
This position is responsible for preparing and implementing a range of community and economic development projects for local governments in the region.
Examples of major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates, and prepares applications for local governments for a range of state and federal funding and technical assistance, in coordination with each funding agency. Advises local governments of available funding and upcoming deadlines. Serves as a liaison for local governments to funding agencies.
- Assists communities in preparing community and economic development plans and assessments.
- Assists local governments with compliance and procurement processes to meet grant requirements. Conducts and prepares environmental reviews and coordinates publication of related notices. May provide technical assistance with other aspects of grant administration.
- Monitors grant and project related activities to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines; assists with preparation and submittal of reports for grants.
- Convenes and participates in project coordination meetings; coordinates with engineers, architects, and other consultants, local government staff, and agency representatives throughout project.
- Coordinates and participates in training and workshops for local governments, agencies, and authorities, on community and economic development topics.
- Coordinates activities with other planning, community, and economic development staff on projects, plans and programs, including preparation of comprehensive plans and other plans and projects.
- Coordinates activities with and provides project updates to Planning Director and Assistant Planning Director and others as requested. Maintains project database.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of state and federal assistance programs and requirements, as well as pertinent legislation and regulations; attends professional development training and conferences.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually interpreted to require two to three years of related experience, or some combination of education and experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 based on qualifications.
Job Type: Full Time; Schedule: 8 hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00- 5:00pm with occasional evening meetings
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings/ Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
How To Apply:
Employment application may be obtained at www.nwgrc.org or by calling (706) 295-6485.
Please submit the completed application and resume and cover letter to—
Attn: Ashley Carden
Northwest Georgia Regional Commission
PO Box 1798
Rome, GA 30162-1798
Or via e-mail to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until a suitable applicant is found.
E-verify, drug screening, and background checks are required for all new hires. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Programs