The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
City of Oakwood
The City of Oakwood is seeking proposals from qualified consultants or teams to develop/update our Unified Development Ordinance (UDO). The City does currently have a zoning ordinance that was last updated in 2016. The UDO will incorporate visuals, procedures, standards, and regulations for zoning and land use applications.
The City is looking to create a Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) to streamline and standardize the City’s development process.
The UDO will incorporate regulations concerning:
(2) sign ordinance
(3) current zoning and land use
(4) environmental and flood
(5) manufactured and mobile homes
(6) public facilities and infrastructure
(8) utilities and roads
(9) and other associated regulations
(10) Downtown, Industrial, and Corridor Overlay District Design Standards.
The UDO will also be used to incorporate standards that the community has expressed interest in, including, but not limited to parking and multi-family regulations. The City wishes to streamline the development process and have clear development standards and regulations for residential, commercial, and industrial development. A UDO will implement the recommendations of the Character Map adopted in the City's Comprehensive Plan. Applying innovative and user-friendly graphics and elements to facilitate ease of navigation (e.g. Table of Permitted Uses, graphics depicting setbacks, etc.). The document will recommend and incorporate updates to all elements, including but not limited to zoning districts and overlays, permitted uses, uses permitted by special exception and their provisions, development standards, sign regulations, administration, subdivision regulations, Board procedures, and definitions.
This RFP will adhere to the following timeline:
• Monday, March 20, 2023, @ 12:00 pm – Deadline for submitting questions related to this Request for Proposal • Monday, April 3, 2023, @ 3:00pm – Deadline to submit complete proposals to Oakwood