The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
This is a full-time position with benefits. This position assists in the maintenance of County Parks, Sports Fields, and Grounds.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
1. Operates light and heavy machinery including commercial mowers, backhoes, tractors, weed eaters, blowers, and others.
2. Assists in the application of herbicides and pesticides.
3. Repairs fences, playground equipment, and sidewalks.
4. Installs and maintains irrigation systems.
5. Refurbishes sports fields.
6. Lays sod.
7. Aerates and top dresses fields.
8. Removes litter and trash from parks and county buildings.
9. Installs landscaping.
10. Prunes trees and shrubs.
11. Deliver voting booths to precinct locations.
12. Raises and lowers flags at county buildings.
13. Pours concrete.
14. Vacuums leaves.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• No experience requirements.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's licenses issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.