This person in this position is responsible for a wide variety of routine clerical and administrative duties including: taking, referring, and handling incoming messages; maintaining manual and computer files; and other projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greets and directs visitors; ensure all visitors sign in by using the visitor’s software system
- Handles incoming inquiries and requests; answers the telephone; routes and returns telephone calls; files; types forms and applications;
- Provides callers with information such as addresses, locations, telephone numbers; references websites and other related information to help with inquiry;
- Maintains a high-level of detail to problem solving by attending to the public and customers
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories;
- Accepts sealed bids; maintains purchasing card invoices and enters information into financial software
- Coordinates calendar events to include planning/scheduling appointments, meetings, and interviews; updates on a regular basis; contacts parties involved as appropriated;
- Distributes daily mail;
- Handles all out-going mail;
- Maintains confidential documents, reports, correspondence, calls and assists with preparing, proofreading and documentation of correspondences
- Files correspondence and other documents;
- Maintains inventory of departmental supplies and initiates orders for new or replacement materials;
- Processes/posts and maintains logs and reports that must be signed or initiated;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and provides recommendations to enhance the customer service experience for City of Douglasville guests
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High School diploma, and a minimum of six (6) months of secretarial or general administrative work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of all City departments, their functions, and contact information;
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures;
- Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
- Skilled in oral and written communications;
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to use tact and courteousness in dealing with the general public in person or by phone, as well as employees of the various City departments in all types of contacts arising during daily work activities;
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public;
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The work is sedentary work and requires fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, and visual acuity.
The incumbent works in a relatively safe, secure, and stable work environment.