These positions are responsible for providing assistance in the Finance department including: processing various sanitation payments, alcohol taxes, hotel-motel taxes, car rental taxes, business licenses, applications, permits, reviewing and approving vendor invoices, monitoring the city’s p-card program, and maintaining travel expense reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Renews and process applications for business licenses, permits, and special events;
- Researches, compares, and reviews records of businesses and individuals to ascertain facts, offer assistance, determine compliance with the City Tax and Business License Code; work with other departments to resolve compliance issues
- Compiles comprehensive application files, notes, reports, and which meet established standard policy requirements and procedures;
- Interprets and gives oral and written explanations, rules, regulations, procedures, and ordinances of the City to the public;
- Prepares periodic licenses;
- Provides consistent, above standard customer service to all internal and external customers
- Serves as backup for alcohol licensing needs and inquiries;
- Serves as backup to the mail route;
- Periodic travel for training and educational conferences pertaining to occupation tax, alcohol licensing and business licensing;
- Processes cash receipts;
- Updates various monthly reports from data received with cash receipts (Hotel Motel tax report, Alcohol ratio reporting and others); notifies Accounting Manager immediately of any issues with non-compliance;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manages accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
- Handles accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyzes workflow processes
- Establishes and maintains relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensures bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processes due invoices for payments
- Compares purchase orders, prices, terms of payment, and other charges
- Manages check signing process with the City Manager’s office and Mayor’s office
- Review of credit card and employee expense documentation and reports
- Assists personnel with purchasing functions;
- Process Travel Requests and maintains travel expense reports
- Monitor and oversee the City’s PCard program; includes but is not limited to reviewing and approving authorized PCard transactions for payment, ensure that cardholders follow all PCard policies and procedures, and report any instance of misuse, abuse or fraud
- Records Retention and Rotation of Files to Storage
- Running monthly Sanitation billings; Editing and modifying Sanitation accounts
- Process 1099’s for vendors at year end
- Backup up the Business License window as needed
- Reconciles Accounts Payables Current Liabilities
- Create and edit PowerPoints for quarterly Accounts Payable meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires High school diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year of related work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of City and department policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and statutes related to accounting and fiscal administration;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of City organizational structure, department operations and financial reporting systems;
- Skill in interpreting and preparing financial documents;
- Skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Skill in operating modern office equipment;
- Skill in analyzing, interpreting and preparing reports;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Knowledge of effective customer service etiquette and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The work requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 40 pounds, carrying, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and seeing.
The work is typically performed in an office environment with a moderate amount of noise.