Pickens County is seeking a full-time Deputy Marshal.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay: From $25.69 per hour
This position performs work involving the protection of life, property, and the environment, as well as, the enforcement of all state laws and county codes and ordinances. An incumbent in this position will be assigned to patrolling, investigative services, and administrative duties.
- Responds to calls relayed by radio, including domestic disputes, arrests, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons, and stranded motorists.
- Provides security for the Administration Building as needed.
- Works closely with Animal Services.
- Patrols the county to enforce state, federal, and local laws, and county ordinances.
- Serves civil papers, warrants, and subpoenas; carries out court orders, including collecting judgments and seizing property.
- Transports prisoners.
- Assists other law enforcement officers and agencies as needed.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and external agencies.
- Writes reports and completes forms, including detailed incident reports.
- Arrests and takes persons into custody.
- Performs special duty assignments as directed.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings.
- Conducts property record searches.
- The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed by the Chief Marshal.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship, education or having had a similar position for two to five years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by P.O.S.T. Georgia Police Officers Standards and Training.
Additional Information - Pay Incentives & Programs
Associate degree $0.50
Bachelor's Degree $1.00
Certifications (All Apply) $0.50
Ready Response Take Home Vehicle Program
PCMO Tenure Longevity Pay
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Applicants must consent to a routine background investigation and drug screening
For a full job description and application go to www.pickensga.com
Pickens County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace