The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information, and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Management Services Technician will be responsible for the processing of payroll and travel & expense reimbursement. In addition, it will assist the Finance Department with various projects. This individual will possess excellent customer service skills working together with all staff within the organization. Please note that this part-time position (less than 29 hours per week) is not eligible for benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in preparing biweekly payroll in accordance with internal procedures, policies and standards;
- Assists in reviewing and verifying the accuracy all time sheets;
- Contacts employees if errors or omissions are identified as part of the payroll process;
- Assists in reconciling and closing payroll leave year;
- Assists in preparing ad-hoc payroll reports to review trends and exceptions;
- Assists in processing travel and expense reimbursement requests;
- Interfaces with employees to answer questions regarding payroll and travel/expense reimbursement matters and procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll and benefits laws and regulations;
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll practices and processes;
- Providing attention to detail;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to work independently with tight timelines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to all employees;
- Ability to take direction and initiative with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Self-motivated, deadline driven, detail oriented, and organized to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain records and files;
- Skill in performing basic research, compiling, and assembling information;
- Skill in organizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing competing demands;
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Possess strong collaboration and partnership development skills with others;
- Proficient in Deltek Costpoint;
- Proficient in using database technology and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two (2) years of related administrative support or customer service experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Previous experience working in a public sector organization in a payroll function
- Selected candidate will be subject to a criminal and credit background check
HOURLY SALARY RANGE: $20.89 – $30.29