Position: Lifeguard (PT) Department: Parks & Recreation
Starting Salary: $12.50/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: March 8, 2023 Closing Date: Until Filled
This position performs lifeguarding duties to ensure the safety of patrons.
- Lifeguards are needed to cover the hours from 6:00am to 8:30pm Monday-Thursday, 6:00am to 6:00pm Friday, and 8:30am to 3:00pm on Saturdays. Occasional shifts may include holidays, split shifts, early mornings, or late hours past normal operating hours.
- Lifeguards will assist management staff in the overall operation of the facility as needed.
- Monitor activities in swimming areas.
- Safeguard the facility and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Prepare written information relating to swim lessons, class registrations, reports, attendance, maintenance, check lists, etc.
- Lifeguards may work in any aspect of the aquatic programs.
- Weekly hours will vary, and attendance is required during staff in-service trainings.
- Provides first aid as needed.
- Provides emergency response as needed.
- Tests pool chemicals regularly and records results.
- Maintains incident reports, chemical logs, and in-service logs.
- This position may involve driving to events as a representative of the department at district and state events.
- Performs basic custodial duties.
- Performs related duties.
- Must be at least 16 years old, a valid work permit is required if you have not graduated high school or received a GED at time of hire.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Experience working with the public and prior cash handling experience is desired.
- Possess the ability to be self-motivated and work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard is desirable.
- Must have effective communication skills and engage positively with the public.
- This position requires proficient swimming ability, proper application of rescue and first aid technique, the ability to properly extract victims from the pool to the deck, and the ability to lift and carry at least 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, jump, walk, bend, stoop, pull, push, balance, reach and the ability to use fingers and hands. This position may require the ability to operate equipment such as a computer, keyboard, cash register and various office equipment.
- Possession or ability to obtain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possession of or ability to obtain required American Red Cross certifications or an approved Nationally Recognized lifeguard certification before start of employment.
- Possession of Lifeguarding, Standard First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED.
- Possession of The American Red Cross WSI (Water Safety Instructor Certification) is preferred.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check, Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.