The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Finance Director.
Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Assistant Finance Director performs accounting and administrative duties including, but not limited to: supervising staff; directing activities; keeping the Finance Director informed about revenue anticipation and expenditure control; making professional and fiscally responsible recommendations regarding budget status and adjustment; reviewing revenue requirements; and, presenting and explaining City finances, budgets, forecasts, and debt issues to finance associates and other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and directs financial, accounting, budgeting, purchasing, capital assets, internal and external audit as well as cost of service measurement functions.
- Develops business systems for daily operations; amends and updates systems as appropriate; monitors and evaluates performance of operating systems.
- Supervises operations, implements established goals and objectives for the department and evaluates team members.
- Administers the daily operations of the Finance function, including accounts payable, receipts and disbursements, general journals, inventories, capital assets, preparation of financial statements, and analysis activities.
- Directs and assists in preparation of comprehensive financial reports and monthly financial statements and administers comprehensive reporting systems that include comprehensive and periodic reports and projects and special reports; submits financial reports monthly to the Finance Director.
- Focuses on internal controls to prevent loss and ensures that they are followed.
- Monitors expenditures and performance compared to the goals.
- Works with purchasing, property tracking and capital assets operations for the City.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Coordinates, administers and assists in the City's annual operating budget and annual capital budget preparation; assists department heads in budget preparation; provides historical data, estimates revenues for budget year and compiles and produces budget.
- Consults with and assists external auditors and understands authoritative pronouncements; provides data and documents, and resolves questions and makes recommendations.
- Provides information, financial analysis and advice to the Finance Director and department heads, including various costs of services analysis and other matters relating to finance, accounting and purchasing.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years professional experience in governmental accounting and financial management.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $81,084 - $133,789
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.