The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for a Human Resources Generalist.
This position assists the Human Resources Department in the performance of a variety of Human Resources functions. Work involves administering daily activities of the Human Resources Department, including but not limited to Human Resources Information System (HRIS) management, leave administration, benefits administration, workers’ compensation, recruiting, compensation administration, wellness program administration, and related Human Resources functions. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with recruiting, including posting jobs, processing applications, responding to candidate phone calls and emails, scheduling interviews, and conducting background checks
- Manages complete New Hire Orientation process, including adding new hire in HRIS and managing benefits enrollments
- Assists in administering employee benefits programs, including assisting employees with forms, researching information, answering questions, resolving problems, updating benefits data in HRIS, and assisting in all facets of annual Open Enrollment
- Serves as the initial point of contact for workers’ compensation and prepares and processes workers’ compensation claims
- Assists with administration of FMLA, military leave, and short-term disability
- Assists with managing the City’s COVID protocols, including policy administration, report intake, contact tracing and recordkeeping, while ensuring compliance with medical privacy laws
- Assists with conducting the City’s annual salary survey and participating in surveys from other organizations
- Coordinates the City’s Drug-Free Workplace program
- Chairs the City’s Wellness Committee, coordinates wellness events, and manages wellness communications
- Serves as secondary system administrator of the City’s HRIS and processes employee data changes
- Maintains Human Resources records
- Coordinates employee events, meetings, training, and special events
- Performs a variety of administrative support functions, including scanning, filing, updating records, assisting applicants and employees, answering phones, and greeting visitors
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job
- May be required to attend meetings outside normal business hours
- Processes confidential information as required
- Attends seminars and workshops related to the Human Resources Generalist’s duties and responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of HR generalist experience required. Municipal experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $51,096 - $81,754
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.