The City of Norcross is looking to hire for the Part-Time position of Parks & Rec Maintenance Coordinator.
The purpose of this position is the day-to-day upkeep, cleaning, and maintenance of the City’s parks, the downtown area, and other services of the Parks and Recreation Department.
The incumbent in this position will maintain streets, natural areas, and parks. This includes duties such as maintaining and performing repairs, landscaping, and inspecting parks, facilities, and city equipment on a regular basis. Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and performs repairs at City's parks, greenways, and natural areas.
- Maintains and performs repairs at areas within public spaces and landscaping around City facilities and the downtown district.
- Monitors and inspects parks, facilities, and equipment on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Operates and repairs equipment such as mowers, gators, weed eaters, and a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs field and grounds maintenance at recreational athletic facilities.
- Performs seasonal maintenance (winterizing) of plumbing along with routine cleaning, stocking, and maintenance of restrooms and concession buildings.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs sports field turf/grass.
- As assigned by the Parks and Recreation Superintendent, provide guidance to seasonal personnel, maintenance, laborers, and recreation, and community workers.
- Maintains City’s interactive splash pad, birdbaths, and waterfall system.
- Routine trash pickup throughout the day on a daily base in the parks and downtown area.
- Assigns community service workers with daily duties.
- Able to communicate with contractors for small and large moderate jobs.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with event organizers during events.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED and one to three years of experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation's Part 382 Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. CDL is preferred but not required.
- Possess, or be able to obtain within three months of employment, a Pool/Spa Operator certification.
- Socially capable of communicating with the general public in a helpful, courteous, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of the rules, equipment, tools, and techniques of assigned activities.
- Ability to deal efficiently with groups and maintain discipline.
- Ability to develop and maintain good sportsmanship and good relations with the participants in the community.
- Knowledge of city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Skill in performing general equipment and maintenance duties.
- Skill in operating such vehicles and equipment as a dump truck, push and riding mower, weed-eater, chainsaw, and various hand tools.
Job Type: Part-time
Starting Pay 15.00 hourly (minimum) up to 19.50 hourly (midpoint) based upon qualifications/experience.
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please