The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for providing in-depth research and analytical support for a variety of procurement activities. This individual will assist in developing and executing procurement strategies that are designed to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost for assigned categories; developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and managing vendor performance, shared schedule purchasing, and small purchases. This position will report to the Procurement Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports procurement unit in interpreting, applying, and ensuring compliance with state/local purchasing contracts and all applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; and initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations;
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with department operations, within designated timeframes and per established procedures; and expedites time-sensitive requests or documentation;
- Works with department staff to complete purchases off state or federal purchasing schedules; completes small purchases agency- wide from preferred vendors; complete vendor verification and documentation review for all contracts; and posts advertisements for publication;
- Manages contract signature workflow; completes data entry in contract management systems; maintains contract document repository; and reconciles data and complete reports upon request;
- Provides support for the Office of General Counsel internal intranet sites, and agency website support;
- Reviews, releases, and updates purchase orders agency-wide;
- Assists in communicating with department representatives regarding purchase of goods/services, purchasing guidelines, availability of goods under contract, or other issues; assists departments in determining their needs; serves as liaison between vendors and user departments;
- Performs other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of procurement administration/management and process:
- Knowledge of contract administration/management and process;
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management and applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations:
- Skill in critical thinking and effective oral presentations;
- Skill in communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills;
- Ability to understand business processes, synthetize information and facilitate solutions and recommendations;
- Ability to organize, prepare, and maintain reports, schedules, records, and files;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, with multiple deadlines and changing/juggling multiple priorities;
- Ability to utilizes communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, leadership, general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work;
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment, discretion, high level of confidentiality, flexibility, and integrity;
- Proficient in using database technology and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human services or directly related field and;
- One (1) year of related procurement experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Previous purchasing experience
- Selected candidate will be subject to a criminal background check
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $52,407 - $60,000 (no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary).
ARC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in employment or the provision of services.