City of South Fulton
Human Resources Specialist
Provides coordination for a wide range of human resources functions in support of departmental operations, such as maintaining personnel files and records; compiling, verifying, and correcting data; and preparing and distributing personnel-related correspondence, recruitment, and HR projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position, as necessary.
- Assist new employee orientation and open enrollment sessions for employee benefits packages; ensures that federal mandates are complied with in new hire orientation; and serves as liaison to other trainers and departments.
- Process drug screening, background reports and review for approval with hiring manager or HRD.
- Recruits new employees; posts job openings and notices in print, on web sites, etc.; attends job fairs; receives, sorts through and screens possible candidate applications; forwards qualified applications to appropriate personnel; coordinates interview process; assists in interviewing candidates for vacant positions as requested; conducts pre-employment screening of selected candidates; checks references and verifies employment; runs background and records checks; compiles information and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain the HR recruitment calendar (schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc.).
- Follow employee’s progress within their department for 30,60, and 90-day process (training, morale, and resources needed to perform their job).
- Manage employment exit process, exit interview, collecting city property and terminating report to all appropriate parties.
- Process and maintains FMLA and ADA requests.
- Maintain records of human resources-related data in both hard and electronic filing systems, ensuring all records meet compliance.
- Organize, maintain, generate reports, and update employee information as needed in HRIS.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests as directed.
- Interpret and communicate Human Resources rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes human resources-related correspondence as directed by Human Resources Management.
- Confers with supervisor to obtain direction regarding work assignments and priorities; organizes tasks to complete assigned work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; assists with complex/problem situations and provides technical expertise.
- Coordinates human resources programs such as employee appreciation programs, wellness program; safety program, compiles, and/or monitors data pertaining to department operations; summarizes data, performs routine data analysis, and prepares reports; conducts research of department files, database records, electronic data sources, Internet sites, hardcopy materials, or other sources as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor, other employees, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Compile data, performs mathematical calculations, and audits data as needed (turnover, days to hire).
- Manages HR Administration duties such as employment verification, requisitions, supplies and operates as 1st point of contact.
- Complete assigned HR projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field; supplemented by three (3) years of experience in human resources or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.