CITY OF DACULA, GEORGIA
Director of Finance
This position is responsible for the overall planning, directing, and supervising of administrative and clerical personnel and services of the Finance Department and will be responsible for oversight of the following job duties:
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; conducts staff meetings; confers with assigned staff, assists with solving complex issues/ situations, and provides technical expertise in OpenRDA the City's current accounting program.
- Supervises assigned staff; performs a variety of administrative duties associated with supervising staff, to include assigning work, providing guidance and direction, evaluating performance, and taking disciplinary action as necessary; provides ongoing training opportunities.
- Preparation and presentation of the City's annual millage rate, financial reports, and revenue administration; ensures monthly budget reports are provided for Mayor and City Administrator; facilitates City's various financial audits.
- Directs the allocation of department financial resources; develops annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for the department; oversees and provides guidance to managers regarding the development of department budgets and their incorporation into the City budget; directs the allocation and expenditures of the approved budgets; reviews and submits budget amendments as necessary; analyzes trends and forecasts revenues.
- Consults with City Administrator, Mayor, and City Council to review department operations/ activities, review/ resolve problems, receive advice/direction, and provide recommendations; creates budget amendments, and other documents being submitted and/or presented to the City Council; provides activity and status reports, updates, study findings, and recommendations to the Council regarding department operations, programs, and services; provides guidance and advice regarding the functions of the department, programs, and related issues; drafts new legislation and/or City ordinances as appropriate.
- Oversees property tax and sanitation fee collections; reviews payment of purchase orders and other forms of disbursement in accordance with budget parameters set by the governing body; manages and monitors cash flows to ensure adequate liquidity; opens, closes, or modifies bank accounts as needed and invests funds; maintains positive relationships with respective financial institutions.
- Coordinates and communicates department activities between departments, external agencies, consultants and contractors, and the public; establishes and maintains work relationships, which are collaborative, responsive, and effective.
- Facilitates the preparation of programmatic and financial reports required by federal, state, and non-profit agencies: reviews grant award agreements for reporting requirements, budget stipulations, and special terms/conditions; establishes accounting structure for grant awards; maintains schedule of required reports and due dates; reviews and approves grant financial and reimbursement reports, grant funded payment vouchers, and transfers of funds to grant accounts; and maintains access to grant related electronic reporting systems.
- Coordinates audit efforts for grant programs: communicates with granting agencies on financial and programmatic issues; oversees completion of all grant reporting requirements; oversees hiring of consultants to conduct audits; prepares draft audit reports for auditors; facilitates corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified through site visits, audits, and other monitoring activity; coordinates with City departments on information required by consultants; reviews data and information submitted by departments for consultants; ensures submission of audit reports to Federal, State and County agencies by mandated due date.
- Performs the duties of subordinate personnel as appropriate and necessary.
- Performs other duties assigned by the City Administrator.
- Performs other related duties as required.
$65,000 to $80,000 yearly + benefits
Interested candidates may submit their information by email, fax or mail to email@example.com, (770) 513-2187 or Dacula City Hall, P.O. Box 400, Dacula, Georgia 30019. Candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. All applicants will be advised of the status of the recruitment following the final selection of the Director of Finance.
Submissions will be accepted until the end of business on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
The City of Dacula is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, taking affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.