CITY OF DACULA, GEORGIA
This position is responsible for the overall administration of Planning & Development functions for the City of Dacula and will be responsible for oversight of the following job duties:
- Reviews plans for compliance with applicable ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations and reviews applicable legal documents.
- Consults and assists contractors, engineers, attorneys, other government agencies, and the general public on interpreting ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations, and resolves related problems.
- Receives and reviews applications foe zoning, land use, permits and approves or routes applications to applications to appropriate personnel.
- Assembles maps, plans, and related data needed for plan review and assists co-workers in performing related research.
- Receives and routes building plans to appropriate personal based upon type and expertise.
- Enters plan and permit data and coordinates related activities with co-workers.
- Performs onsite inspections of proposed and on-going plans to gather information and determine compliance.
- Document management and retention of planning and zoning records.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, landscape Architecture, Planning, or a combination of experience and education to satisfy the requirement.
- One year of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education of education of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
$40,000 to $52,000 yearly plus benefits
Interested candidates may submit their information by email, fax or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, (770) 513-2187 or Dacula City Hall, P.O. Box 400, Dacula, Georgia 30019. Candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. All applicants will be advised of the status of the recruitment following the final selection of the City Planner.
Submissions will be accepted until the end of business on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
The City of Dacula is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, taking affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.