Full Job Description
Job Title: Wastewater Operator
The City of Hoschton is accepting applications for a full-time Certified Wastewater Operator. The wastewater operator will be responsible for the successful operation of the wastewater plant, including maintenance of equipment, monitoring treatment process, data collection and lab procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. Daily activities will include routine work at the wastewater plant, sewer lift stations, and collection system while performing basic process control decisions, minor preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and Required testing
- Perform assigned treatment plant rounds; inspect, monitor, troubleshoot, performance test
and document plant processes by reading plant equipment gauges, dials, graphs, online
analyzers, computer screens, meters, SCADA systems and other instrumentation
- Operates sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater
treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage: Monitors control panels and
adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage
- Maintain, compile and update plant operations logs and reports; perform and record
mathematical calculations related to plant operational activities
- Perform maintenance and repairs of the physical plant, machinery, and pump stations
and all of their components.
- On call rotation to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis
- Collect and document liquid and solid samples and perform a variety of routine water
quality laboratory tests; collect water samples as required by the State of Georgia
- Analyze results and make process changes based on the lab results and instruction from the Plant superintendent.
- Clean restrooms, offices, city vehicles, shop, and work areas.
- Wash down and maintain equipment for proper operations.
- Perform Various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility
- Position requires Climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- May be subject to confined spaces involving moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, fumes, odors, chemicals, high temperatures, and noises.
- This Position requires a 24 hour on-Call assignment on a rotation basis, overtime, weekend work, and work on Holidays.
- Have a working knowledge of the machinery used for wastewater treatment and pumping stations.
- Have a working knowledge of basic machinery preventative maintenance and repair.
- Have the ability to work independently and make routine decisions of operation of the plant processes and equipment during the absence of the plant superintendent.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in Wastewater Treatment or Similar
- Strong detail-oriented
- Possession of a valid State of GA Class C driver license
- Possession of a Class III Georgia Wastewater Operator license or higher.
Pay Depending Upon Qualifications.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan (Matched 3% by the company)
The City of Hoschton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Please submit resume to email@example.com or hand deliver to Hoschton City Hall, 79 City Square Hoschton, GA 30548. Applications are online at www.cityofhoschton.com under career opportunities.