Salary Range:$21.84 Annually Onwards
This person in this position inspects the construction of all facilities to be dedicated to the City, to be connected to City facilities, or to be constructed on City property right-of-ways. Investigates complaints lodged by citizens that are related to specific construction problems. Reviews plans for compliance with applicable City ordinances and programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspects building sites and construction projects to insure compliance with appropriate City codes.
- Conducts special investigations at the request of the Development Services.
- Director / City Engineer, City Manager or Mayor and Council.
- Maintains records of permitted projects and other necessary items.
- Provides close and constant inspection of all construction by the City to contract.
- Inspects the construction of all facilities that are to become City property by dedication.
- Ensures that Specifications of the City of Douglasville are met in each of the aforementioned situations.
- Performs necessary tests as specified to insure proper construction methods have been employed.
- Checks all materials of construction to insure their soundness and suitability for use.
- Coordinates with contractors their eligibility for payment and amount of items to be paid.
- Creates and installs street and road signs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires High School Diploma or G.E.D. with three (3) years of construction, inspection or engineering related experience which required contact with the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of sound engineering and construction practices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal policies on development/construction. Ability to analyze, interpret, and implement the codes and ordinances.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in local, state, and federal development/construction policies.
- Ability to supervise personnel.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to develop and maintain an effective file system.
- Ability to use a personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone, digital camera, scanner, and any other equipment essential to the day to day functions of the position.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Financial Responsibilities: Prepare and/or process purchase orders; accountable for inventory/property management; and make recommendations that impact the budget.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Georgia CLASS “B” CDL Driver’s License desired, or must receive CDL within 12 months of employment.
The work is light work requiring balancing, climbing, crouching, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, speaking, visual acuity, and walking.
Incumbent works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.