The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information, and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
This position will support the operations and administration of the Volunteer Services Program. This team implements volunteer driven programs that provide community education on a variety of topics important to older adults, persons with disabilities and their caregivers to help individuals access services and remain healthy and independent in their communities. The Management Services Technician will assist the Volunteer Services Programs Manager with overall volunteer program administration, work collaboratively with other community partners and RSVP coordinators at RSVP host stations to meet program and grant goals and objectives. This position will end June 30, 2024, unless additional funding is available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists assigned staff in interviewing potential volunteer candidates;
- Process volunteer background checks and applications and sets up training;
- Provides administrative support to assigned staff regarding the facilitation of volunteer training and logistics;
- Assists assigned staff in coordinating community presentations/outreach events;
- Receives and tabulates presentation evaluation forms for all programs across the region;
- Processes all monthly timesheets, mileage reimbursement, and program reports for ARC and RSVP volunteers on a timely basis;
- Provides volunteer referrals to other Aging and Independence Services Units, county-based RSVP sites and other volunteer programs as appropriate;
- Works with staff across units to coordinate volunteer assignments when needed;
- Assists in developing content for RSVP electronic newsletter and other ongoing volunteer/partner communication tools;
- Assists assigned staff in planning and coordinating ongoing and annual volunteer recognition program
- Prepares reports and documents; assists in developing presentations for assigned groups, stakeholders, and partners; and gather data for review;
- Performs other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of existing aging, health, and community services networks in the community;
- Knowledge and understanding of how to market programs & opportunities in the community;
- Excellent team collaboration and customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage complex competing priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, stakeholders and the community;
- Ability to coordinate, train, supervise volunteers and interns and prioritize and assign work to meet program goals;
- Strong collaboration and partnership development skills with internal team members, supervisors and community partnership;
- Proficient in using database technology, web conferencing software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of related administrative support or customer service experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Experience with volunteer or program management;
- Experience working with older adults and understanding of aging and health programs;
- Experience with community outreach, collaboration building and program promotion important;
- Experience working with evidence-based programs and volunteer management databases helpful.
- Selected candidate will be subject to a criminal background check