The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Data/Reporting Analyst, Senior
Job Number: 230749
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
General Description and Classification Standards
The Office of Buildings (OOB), Data Reporting Analyst, Sr. (G.19) primary responsibility is to support the digitization effort to convert microfilm & paper documents to images, performing quality control of images and indexing various fields pulled from the scanned documents. Organizes and oversees the paper plans with electronic access. Additionally, this position aids in providing permitting data metrics reports and trends. This is a strategic and analytical position responsible for supporting OOB Leadership on all operational engagements, technical initiatives, and key projects. Responsible for ensuring the detailed completion of all standard work or assigned tasks in an organized and professional manner. Communicates effectively and professionally to keep all parties engaged, working towards the common goal.
Works under very general supervision. Depending on organization structure, may work independently or in teams, with responsibility for an assigned function or program. Reports to the Assistant Director/Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform and monitor all activities required to scan, microfilm & other documents.
• Review the scanned document images electronically to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100% verification of each scanned page image to ascertain the image quality. Rescanning of documents will be required if the scanned images are deemed of poor quality.
• Deliver scanned pages in electronic format and meet scanning targets and deadlines.
• As a key knowledge worker, be committed to working harmoniously with others in the Department and other organizations and ensuring that the day-to-day activities are handled.
• Have excellent time management and communication skills, as you may collaborate with external and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
• Lead other related administrative or operations processes within the department provided they have a similar level of professional challenge.
• Assist in preparing data reports and documentation regarding permitting trends.
• Perform data validation using various reports generated from permitting systems.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Establishes work methods, timetables, and performance standards for assigned projects in alignment with the Enterprise Program Manage Office Standards.
Does not have formal supervisory authority over a specified workgroup. However, routinely provides knowledge-based guidance, and/or training to less experienced staff in relation to projects and key departmental initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This is a partial listing of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
• Good communication, including writing, speaking, and active listening.
• Good business management skills, including organization, planning, time management, and prioritization.
• Good problem-solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail. Team-working skills with good verbal and written communication skills. The ability to organize and manage time effectively, demonstrating accountability and dependability.
• Self-starter, self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently. Has critical thinking skills with effective judgment and decision-making.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft 365, especially Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Have knowledge and ability to create data reports and convert them into presentations.
• Multitasking skills, ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle deadlines and avoid schedule conflicts.
High School Diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of work experience.
2-4 years of proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
Preferred Education & Experience
Working knowledge of the ScanPro 3000 Auto-Fiche machine.
Proficiency in digitizing all types of film including microfilm, microfiche, and aperture cards. 1-4 years of experience with Accela Automation.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Extensive sitting in one spot and some required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully.