The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Office of External Affairs and Strategy has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Senior Communications Analyst who will be responsible for developing and executing strategic communications plans in support of key agency goals and objectives. The Senior Communications Analyst position will report to the Senior Manager of Communications and will provide communications support across the agency to include the following departments: Aging & Independence Services; Community Development; Transportation Planning; and Workforce Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as lead communications liaison for key ARC programs and initiatives;
- Develops and executes strategic communications plans to support agency goals and objectives;
- Writes and edits across all ARC platforms, including website, What’s Next ATL blog, social media channels, email campaigns, and e-newsletters;
- Provides media relations support to internal clients;
- Develops presentations and speeches for ARC leadership;
- Provides support to State of the Region event and other ARC events;
- Provides other communications support as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of AP writing style;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and communications;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of digital communication and media, including social media platforms and website content design;
- Ability to work effectively in team-based environments, which require high levels of initiative, autonomy and independent thought and action;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively work toward deadlines;
- Ability to relay technical information in a non-technical way to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, while maintaining a firm grasp of individual project details;
- Skill in gathering data, interpreting information, and applying logic and reason;
- Skill in writing/editing press releases, articles, speeches, website content and other digital media content;
- Skill in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Possess excellent organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in standard office equipment and MS Office suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in public relations, media relations, journalism, communications/marketing and/or community engagement
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $57,058 - $96,997 (no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary)