MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
CITY OF CORDELE, GEORGIA
CLOSING DATE: Open until position is filled.
The City of Cordele, a local municipal government in South Georgia serving a population of approximately 12,000 citizens is actively searching for Marketing & Social Media Manager candidates. Located 100 miles North of the Florida state line, and served by three exits on Interstate 75, Cordele is the commercial hub of Crisp County and offers excellent growth opportunities for hotels, restaurants, retail, recreational and healthcare facilities.
A skilled position that establishes and maintains the social media platforms and promotional activities of the City. Incumbent is responsible for developing and overseeing all web-based marketing and social media including but not limited to videos, posts, etc. The manager’s role is centered on effective management, planning, coordinating, advertising and providing marketing and content support to the City. Under the direct supervision of the City Manager.
The duties listed below are typical for the position. They are not intended to be exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required if they are a reasonable and logical assignment. Some examples are:
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the growth of City gas, water, sewer and other services.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on.
- Plans and oversees the advertising and promotional activities including print, electronic and direct mail outlets.
- Communicates with staff, outside businesses, contractors, vendors, prospective clients and the general public on ongoing campaigns.
- Promotes programs whereby citizens can report potholes, water leaks, dangerous intersections, criminal activity, littering and other problems or complaints.
- Develops and presents a community calendar of events.
- Publishes employee newsletter and City newsletter.
- Works with writers and artists and oversees design, layout, pasteup and production of promotional materials.
- Develops promotional campaigns for various local attractions and businesses including cemetery tours, Historic Downtown, SAM Shortline, Titan Missile, Gillespie Seldon, O’Neal neighborhood and Lake Blackshear.
- Promotes and advertises commercial, industrial, transportation and recreational projects.
- Assists the Cordele Police department and Keep Crisp Beautiful in litter abatement programs. Develops and presents ongoing anti-litter campaign to local civic groups, schools and public events.
- Evaluates reactions to advertising programs. Formulates timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and conditions.
- Prepares monthly marketing and social media activity reports.
- Oversee social media platforms and content such as videos and posts.
- Analyze traffic from social media platforms to determine and maximize desired results.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective content is posted on different social media platforms.
- Plan and coordinate efforts to promote program awareness of City initiatives.
- Conduct research. Plan and implement new initiatives for growth.
- Set goals and planning strategies in order to meet those goals.
- Identify potential opportunities for the City and small business community.
- Attends classes, seminars, training, civic club meetings, non-profits and other events or marketing opportunities. May require out of town travel, overnight or extended stays.
- Performs other duties as required by the City Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Business, Marketing, Graphic Design, Content Design or related field Bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) to five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely along with the skills to make formal presentations and written content for online marketing purposes.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on various social media platforms along with analytical skills to assess website traffic and the demographic usage thereof for marketing efforts.
- Proven experience in customer and market research.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects for correct and timely completion.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Complete City employment application.
- Must pass background check including employment, personal references, criminal history, pre-employment drug screen, job related physical examination and motor vehicle report.
- Must possess, or have to ability to obtain, a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Dependable with an excellent past work attendance record.
- Ability to work regular department schedule and additional hours if required.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Neat and clean professional appearance
- Persuasive and adaptable.
- Self starter.
- Self motivated.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an online application available at www.cityofcordele.com. Application packages are also available for pick up at Cordele City Hall, Human Resources – Room 246, 501 7th Street, North, Cordele GA 31015. This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cordele is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex – including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, the presence of a non job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other protected status.