The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Lilburn is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Event Assistant (Part-Time). This position is responsible for supporting and assisting the city’s Event Coordinator and Public Information Officer in all aspects of planning, coordinating, and implementing all City and Co-Sponsored events. This position reports to the Community Development Event Coordinator.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend and assist with the onsite planning, coordination, preparation, and execution of all city and co-sponsored events as well as assist with the oversight of event logistics.
- Assists in the planning, facilitation, and set-up of periodic city events such as grand openings, ribbon cuttings, employee awards, and other periodic events as assigned.
- Prepare and organize materials and supplies for events. Gather equipment needed, design and print signage, and assemble equipment as needed.
- Assist with ensuring that equipment, sound system, signage, tents, chairs, etc., are setup prior to events and dismantling activities are executed in a timely and professional manner to include event banners stands and promo posters.
- Work the City Information Tent during events, provide information to event attendees, and collect e-mail addresses to add to our event information e-mail list. Assist with the Geo-caching program, answering e-mails and mailing out tags as needed.
- Aides in securing vendors, compiling vendor database, and maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment, and banners.
- Maintain and organize event storage room, restock items, and arrange as needed.
- Assist with confirming all documents required from vendors for events are in place and complete (Ex: Vendor applications, COI, Business License, Health Score, etc.).
- Develops relationships with other event professionals continually striving to improve communications with other agencies and the quality of city events.
- Supervises Park Attendants/Event Staff and volunteers during events.
- Maintain effective relationships with city staff, civic organizations, and partnerships with businesses in the community in the planning and coordination of city events.
- Assists with the promotion of events. Assist with ensuring information related to events are current and updated on the city’s website and Old Town Lilburn website.
- Helps with the distribution of event information to our contact list via the calendar of events on the city website.
- Learn and utilize Eventeny and other event planning software. Assist with building and reviewing vendor applications when submitted to ensure all requested documents are uploaded.
- Assist with the monitoring of social media and city website and notify PIO/Event Coordinator of items that need to be addressed.
- Greet customers of the Community Development office and answer incoming calls.
- Create and design temporary signage needed for events.
- Assist with updating the electronic sign with city information and events.
- Responsible for events in the absence or unavailability of the Event Coordinator.
Assisting the Community Development Administrator/Public Information Officer in:
- Assist in obtaining quotes for premium items, printing, and other marketing materials.
- Assist with researching potential vendors. Comparing and selecting vendors for various projects.
- Assist with preparing PIO presentations.
- Assist with developing and distributing event and/or other marketing material for the city.
- Proofs press releases and publications as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work a variable work schedule to include nights/weekends.
Work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, or crouching. Position may require pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors where employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, and occasional inclement weather.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Minimum of one year experience planning and coordinating events. Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in event planning, hospitality, public relations, marketing or tourism preferred, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires working a variable work schedule to include occasional nights and weekends. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. Must pass a Criminal History Background Check. Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Event planning and coordination.
- Excellent customer service principles.
- Applicable hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Website maintenance and use of other social media.
- Basic office principles and equipment.
- Basic math principles.
- Applicable policies, procedures, codes, and ordinances.
- Microsoft office products.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Networking and developing relationships with civic organizations and the business community at large.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing various activities and functions on an ongoing basis.
- Working independently and following through on tasks with minimal direction.
- Obtaining sponsorships for city.
- Prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Operating a computer, printer, and applicable software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, external organizations, and the public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Supervising part-time event staff.
- Understanding and compliance with city policies, procedures, applicable codes, and ordinances.
Advanced and continuing education/training in meeting and event planning.
Active member of Southeast Festival and Events Association (SFEA) or other related organization.
The expected starting salary for this position is $18.13 hourly. This position is part-time.
Interested candidates may submit an application online at www.cityoflilburn.com or may download the employment application from the city website.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references with the application.
Completed applications can also be submitted/mailed to:
Department of Human Resources
Attn: LaTasha Akers (Human Resources Director)
340 Main Street
Lilburn, GA 30047
For questions please call (770) 638-2233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Lilburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer