Job Title: Site Coordinator
Department: Parks and Recreation
Hourly Rate: $18.18-19.10 per hour
This position is responsible for the operation of out-of- school time programs for youth including, but not limited to, both afterschool and day camp. Work involves developing, managing, and implementing a comprehensive out-of-school time program plan. Supervises part-time counselors. Work is performed under the direction of the OST Supervisor.
- Organizes, maintains, and submits administrative records and reports for personnel and participants, including attendance records, evaluation forms, discipline records, incident/accident reports and worker’s comp reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information of children, families, and employees, as well as personnel-related information.
- Represents the division and the site at school and community functions, staff meetings, parent conferences, phone calls, and community time with professionalism.
- Responds to all inquiries and complaints or refers to the appropriate person.
- Effectively manages self through the independent initiation and accomplishment of tasks.
- Administers program surveys to participants.
- Participate in recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Early Childhood Education, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of experience in childcare or summer camp or Child Development Associate (CDA): or equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s license (class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- CPR, First Aid and Prevent Child Abuse certifications or the ability to obtain within six months is required.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, walk, and stand for long periods.
- Can lift and carry heavy objects (10-50 lbs.) sit, bend, squat, and twist daily; must be able to physically operate city vehicle.
- Have the ability to sit for long periods using office equipment and computers.
- Have the ability to walk and stand outdoors (playgrounds and parks) setting including the pool while in extreme heat and cold for up to 8 hours daily.
- Have a personal vehicle to drive for daily business on a mileage reimbursement basis.
- Must deal with constant interruptions, noise, and meet with others on a regularly.
- The employee may be exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, climb, and perform repetitive motions on a daily.
- Ability to operate computer software, including word processing software; calculator; copy and fax machine; phone; mobile or portable radio.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and operational holidays.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online at www.decaturga.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Decatur is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.