The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Salary Range: $52,124 - $83,920
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Performs administrative functions such as payroll, personnel, benefits, P-Card, and Oracle; provides technical and administrative assistance; develops effective and efficient operating procedures and workflow management; educates employees on various functions, requirements, deadlines, and changes as required by senior management; provides information and referrals to citizens who walk or call needing immediate assistance.
Plans and organizes special projects; develops programs for the department while functioning as project lead; leads strategic planning; maintains and balances One DeKalb/START2 Grant including financial and programmatic reporting.
Establishes relationships with the business community, citizens, and other local agencies to connect existing resources and streamline the delivery of direct and indirect services; researches specific community problems that impede human development, and creates initiatives to address them; coordinates and attends community meetings and workshops; develops and manages community partnership with non-profits, community leaders, and faith based organizations; maintains the department website to ensure all information is accurate and updated for public information.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the coordination with multiple cross department representatives to “revitalize” under-served areas of unincorporated DeKalb County. The cross functional initiative will include but not be limited to the following
• Code Compliance
• Health Department
• Police Department
• Fire Department
• Human Services
• WorkSource Development
• Community Development
• Sanitation/Keep DeKalb Beautiful
• Public Works/Transportation
• Decide DeKalb
• Planning & Sustainability
• Non Profits (Faith Based Institutions, 501c3, YMCAs, etc)
The selected candidate will start with the most under-served high school cluster as determined by the Planning Department. The primary duties include:
• Development of base maps for the cluster areas
• Conduct asset mapping of each high school cluster to illustrate valuable assets within the study area
• Conduct Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis
• Conduct ground truthing with cluster residents to validate the specific details of the SWOT
• Facilitate Community involvement and support (validation) the improvements necessary
• Bring county resources to resolve issues in underserved areas as validated
• Monitor area revitalization of the target area and
• Repeat the process in the next high school cluster.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Public Administration or a related field required; three years of experience in project management or public administration; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
This position is in the Department of Planning & Sustainability. The working title for this position is Sustainability Coordinator. The bulleted list below are specific responsibilities of the Sustainability Coordinator.
· Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the department and county’s sustainability initiatives.
· Develop carbon reduction strategies to reduce the county’s carbon footprint in compliance with ARC’s guidelines.
· Coordinate with other departments in the County to ensure that sustainability initiatives are being implemented successfully.
· Coordinate with ARC and the State regarding sustainability initiatives, goals, objectives, and guidelines
· Oversee, maintain and update the County’s Green Communities Program as required by the Atlanta Regional Commission
· Work with District Commissioners regarding the county’s Green Initiatives
· Writing grants and preparing application submissions for various sustainability grants and awards
· Developing and maintaining databases for tracking progress towards goals and objectives
· Communicating with stakeholders about sustainability issues
· Conducting research on industry best practices in sustainability to help the organization improve its environmental performance
· Supporting the development of new products, services, and facilities that meet environmental standards while still meeting customer needs
· Reviewing facility operations and making recommendations for improving efficiency and reducing waste
· Developing policies, procedures, and guidelines that promote sustainability within an organization’s operations
· Coordinating activities with community groups and other organizations to promote sustainability in the area
· Develop presentations and training workshops to county employees, leaders, the community, and boardsp >