CITY OF RINGGOLD, GEORGIA JOB DESCRIPTION
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE: Parks and Recreation Landscaper
REPORTS TO: Director
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB:
The City of Ringgold, nestled in Northwest Georgia among the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, is a quaint town with vast potential for growth. The county seat of Catoosa, Ringgold has a population of 3,500 with a great community and a responsive government that prides itself on the community in which it serves.
This is a full-time position performing work in the Parks and Recreation Department. The main purpose of this position is to perform work in the general cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the City’s buildings and grounds for the City of Ringgold.
The City of Ringgold offers its employees a family atmosphere with a great benefits package offering free health care insurance coverage, a 401K retirement with up to 10% matching funds and a competitive salary. The City of Ringgold seeks a motivated individual to serve our community as Parks and Rec Landscaper. Come grow with us and find out why there is “Nothin’ Like Ringgold”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs various duties in landscaping to include but not limited to plants, trims, rakes, digs, edging and removal of weeds
- Performs custodial duties which include cleaning park grounds, ball fields, rest rooms, scrub and wax floors, dusts, etc...
- Empties trash containers, sweeps parking lots, and exterior walkways
- Maintains inventory of all supplies required to perform the duties of the position
- Repairs, installs, and/or assembles small appliances and equipment as required
- May run a variety of miscellaneous errands including pick-up and delivery of supplies, equipment, and other associated maintenance items
- Maintains multiple facilities to include marking, fencing, cutting, and various other maintenance of parks
- Prepare Park facilities for special events; sets up chairs, tables, booths, stages, and tents
- Performs construction type work; painting, repairing, or other duties associated with building maintenance
- Maintains power tools and equipment, checks oil, cleans air filters, mixes fuel, replaces spark plugs, and changes weed eater heads
- Operates motorized equipment to include riding mowers, tractors, grooming machines, turf tricksters, pick-up trucks with or without a trailer, and other associated equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Performs traffic control setup for work sites
- Responds to after hour emergencies as required
- Performs curb and street sweeping after hours as required
- Work with and around the general public in a professional manner
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Small Hand Tools, General Cleaning Supplies, Ground Maintenance Equipment, Repair Equipment, Installation Equipment, Building Maintenance Equipment, Vehicle with or without a trailer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Education and Experience: No prior experience or training is required; or any combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- License and Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of: Cleaning techniques, equipment, and compounds and their proper uses; safe operating procedures for motorized equipment and tools; basic repair and maintenance for general equipment used in building and grounds maintenance.
- Skill in: Safety operating machines; and maintaining equipment.
- Mental and Physical Abilities to: Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos; apply general understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions; while performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Working Conditions: While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The working conditions are typically moderately quiet; however, they may become loud, at times. The employee must be able to work in inclement weather and will be used in other public work departments as needed.
City Events: The employee must be flexible and able to work various City events throughout the year such as but not limited to: Clean Catoosa, 1890’s Days, Haunted Depot, and the Christmas parade