Project position responsibilities for the first six months to one year:
For the first six months to one year, this position will be responsible for the following compensation duties:
- FLSA oversight and compliance
- Internal payroll data audits
- Position classification and grading
- Management and oversight of position control database
- Management of special teams pay practices to ensure applicable documentation into database (E.g. SWAT, dive, honor guard, etc.)
- Management and review of Personnel Action Form changes
- Auditing of bi-weekly payroll practices and policies
- Liaison for HRIS implementation
- Position responsibilities after first year project:
The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as the lead strategic partner, consultant, and advisor to leaders in designated departments regarding core HR processes, and the alignment of business objectives, system strategies, and people strategies. This role will be responsible for oversight of the Human Resources Business Partners and Human Resources Coordinators and will work to ensure that business outcomes are achieved through effective change management support, data informed solutions, audit procedures, and people strategies. The Senior HRBP advises departments on all human resources organizational development areas that would impact productivity or employee engagement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts audits to ensure appropriate FLSA classifications and compensation.
- Monitors and audits bi-weekly payroll data, process, and procedures.
- Classifies and grades positions according to FLSA classification testing.
- Manages County position database to ensure accuracy of budgeted position count; ensures accuracy of position/employee data based on submitted departmental forms.
- Manages and creates special teams pay, ensuring alignment with FLSA guidelines.
- Class Specification
- Serves as the HR Department liaison for new systems implementation.
- Consults with departments in providing HR guidance where appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, employee programs, and policies.
- Audit HR process and procedures (E.g. payroll, position control, etc.).
- Responsible for managing HR projects.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues through effective, objective, and thorough investigations.
- Provides performance management guidance to department management, inclusive of coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify organizational issues and design, develop, and facilitate a diverse range of organizational development interventions (E.g. mentoring, team building, group facilitation, organization structure and design, etc.) to improve performance.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in all of the organizational areas of human resources (E.g. talent acquisition, benefits administration, employee relations, compliance, compensation, organizational development, talent development, training, etc.).
- Owns implementation and execution of HR initiatives within the assigned areas; designs and implements engagement activities based upon the results of engagement tools (E.g. surveys, etc.).
- Serves as consultant and adviser to leaders in the effective management of their workforce through implementing performance management, organizational design, change management, talent assessments, leadership development, and succession planning programs.
- Identifies training needs based on interactions with leaders of responsible areas and makes recommendations for identified training needs; identifies vulnerabilities and translates trends and metrics into meaningful insights and action plans.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Personnel Management, Business, Public Administration, or related field required; must possess a minimum of seven years of progressive HR experience, which includes leadership experience, as well as knowledge in all areas of human resources.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA), to include prior experience in reviewing and classifying positions.
- Payroll experience to include creating and maintaining special pay codes highly preferred.
- Prior experience in local government (city, county, state) highly preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws including Civil Service Law, Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge of research and report preparation, statistical techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Human Resources process auditing.
- Knowledge and experience working and applying HR principles in a system environment with prior experience developing, maintaining and improving processes to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department officials, and the public.
- Ability to diplomatically manage unique circumstances, while exhibiting a calm and focused demeanor.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and administer multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.