The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Dunwoody Police Department is currently accepting applications for certified and non‐certified Police Officers.
This is the first rank of the Dunwoody Police force that includes sworn peace officers. Sworn officers are expected to demonstrate competency in law enforcement procedures. Officers work under the general supervision of an assigned Sergeant. They perform a wide range of law enforcement functions including making arrests, issuing traffic tickets, crowd control and investigative work to promote public safety and security, crime prevention and general enforcement of the law.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must possess a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license
• Must be 21 years of age
• No felony convictions during your lifetime
• No discharge from any military organization less than an honorable discharge
• No termination for cause from a local, state or federal civil service or merit system job
• No current financial obligations/contract to any law enforcement agency or department
The above requirements are not all‐inclusive.
Salary: $56,970 ‐ $91,152
Signing Bonus: $10,000 (subject to defined terms and conditions)
• 100% City‐Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City‐Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City‐Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City‐Paid Employee Short‐Term and Long‐Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City‐Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Housing Reimbursement
• Take Home Car Program
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug‐Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.p >