The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Avondale Estates is hiring for POST Certifed Police Officers
Starting Pay of $60,000.00 annually ($27.47 hourly)
Apply here: https://www.avondaleestates.org/2405/Join-the-AEPD
The Avondale Estates Police Department (AEPD) focuses on building leaders, connecting with the community and using cutting-edge technology for forward-thinking policing.
We provide you the space to focus on your career interest while providing a great quality of life while on duty.
We serve a supportive, tight-knit community with a small-town neighborly feel that benefits from all the advantages of being within metro Atlanta.
Move beyond just reacting daily—use the skills you’ve honed to grow your career. If you’re a top-notch professional who is community-driven and looking for the space to focus on your career interests, Avondale Estates provides the place to thrive.
1. Patrols the city to detect and deter crime and to enforce local, state and federal laws.
2. Answers calls for service.
3. Conducts traffic stops and enforces state laws and local ordinances.
4. Assists stranded motorists.
5. Conducts security checks on banks, residences, schools, and local businesses.
6. Provides escort services for city workers, funerals, and bank/business employees as requested.
7. Makes arrests for criminal violations.
8. Executes search and arrest warrants.
9. Responds to crime scenes and crimes in progress.
10. Interviews victims, suspects, and witnesses.
11. Assists with security and traffic control at special events.
12. Performs internal GCIC functions.
13. Transports inmates.
14. Directs traffic as needed or assigned.
15. Serves as a member of a specialized unit as assigned.
16. Investigates traffic accidents.
17. Maintains assigned vehicle and equipment.
18. Reviews and remains informed of all changes to local, state or federal laws.
19. Resolves conflicts and disputes within the community.
20. Assists other departments or agencies as needed.
21. Provides courtroom security as assigned.
22. Writes reports, prepares case files, and ensures that all documentation is completed in a timely manner and
in accordance with applicable department standards.
23. Performs the duties of a Field Training Officer as assigned.
24. Performs other assigned duties.
· Must be twenty-one years of age.
· Must never have been convicted of a felony crime.
· Possession of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
· Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified as a Peace Officer
· Valid Georgia Driver's License and good driving record.
· U.S. Citizen who is physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions of the position.
· Pass a detailed background investigation.p >