The purpose of this classification is to plan, organize, implement, and direct programs, operations, and activities of the Customer Service Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs operations of the Customer Service Division including the establishment of long and short-term goals, performance metrics, priorities, and planning of the daily workflow to meet deadlines.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals: interviews and selects new employees; coordinates and/or conducts staff training activities.
- Coordinates daily work activities: organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; confers with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Prepares budget proposals for the Customer Service Division.
- Coordinates with Finance in maintaining files in areas such as budget needs, revenue billed, revenue collected, customer accounts, large volume users of city services, water consumption, sanitation, billing summaries, and check requests.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations by responding to inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Interfaces with customers on issues such as delinquent accounts, cut-off, and refunds due.
- Maintains a file on large volume water sewer users, water revenue, sewer revenue, sanitation users, and all adjustments to the accounts.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes. Recommends and implements business process controls.
- Communicates process changes, enhancements, and modifications either verbally or through written documentation to management, peers, and staff so that issues and solutions are clearly understood.
- Coordinates with Finance and Public Works to produce statistical reports, and rate comparisons, regarding deposits, billing schedules, customer counts, methods of payment, water and sewer consumption, impact fees, etc. for the City Administrator and Division Directors.
- Drafts, implements, and executes policies and procedures to facilitate a quality customer service experience.
- Establishes performance metrics (eg, KPI’s) for customer service representatives.
- Establishes service levels and requirements for the Division.
- Develops and implements methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback.
- Develops and implements training and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees.
- Identifies and recommends or acquires updates and expansions to technology, equipment, and policies that may improve customer service and retention.
- Acts as a liaison between the Customer Service Division and other Divisions within the City.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Education and Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or closely related field supplemented by five (5) years of previous experience and/or training that includes progressively responsible management experience (preferably in a local government environment), or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of rules, regulations, and procedures of a Customer Service Division.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Skill in developing logical steps for the most efficient completion of desired operations.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot new software applications.
- Skill in handling escalated customer issues in a professional manner.
- Remain calm and communicate effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Plan, assign, supervise, and review the work of designated staff.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing using multi-media tools.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Make presentations to City Council, citizens, civic and governmental organizations.
The work is sedentary to light which requires the ability to exert light physical effort, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Tasks also require the ability to perceive and discriminate visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Work is regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
The City has the right to revise this job description at any time. This
description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
The City of Roswell, Georgia commits to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees, complying with local, state and federal laws. The City’s policy is to employ qualified persons without discrimination regarding race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, country of national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political affiliation, ethnicity, or status in any other group protected by federal/state/local law.