Position: Airport Manager (FT) Department: Airport
Starting Salary: DOQ FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: August 21, 2023 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for operating a safe, efficient airport. The airport manager directs, coordinates, and reviews maintenance of the airfield, buildings, community relations, personnel, and financial matters of the airport and ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service and pursues continuous improvement of the airport facility and service to its various clients.
- Supervises regular and temporary staff, plans, coordinates, assigns, and reviews work of individuals and the team; evaluates training needs and provides instruction; schedules staff vacations and approves sick leave; recommends discipline, disciplinary actions, discharge, and salary increases; prepares timesheets; interviews candidates; conducts employee performance evaluations; establishes and promotes employee morale.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility; develops and administers departmental budget; ensures compliance with budget; ensures proper use of airport funds; ensures documentation and receipt of reimbursements for airport projects; tracks customer transactions, including invoices and payment receipts; generates statements; and ensures leases are negotiated and properly executed.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal laws; ensures compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grant assurances; and ensures contracts are negotiated and properly executed.
- Communicates with local, state, and federal aviation, transportation, and other officials; communicates with other County departments; communicates with airport tenants, transient pilots, and citizens; and utilizes email, telephone, and letters.
- Works with the county’s professional consultant to assist in strategic planning and coordination: works with the county’s professional consultant to prepare Capital Improvement Plan; works with county’s consultant to coordinate local, state and federal funding to ensure projects are completed; coordinates with Airport Committee and Board of Commissioners for approval/disapproval of leases, equipment purchases, and various projects; coordinates with county’s professional consultant to plan projects and apply for grants and fill out and file DBE program goals and methodology.
- Builds public goodwill; builds and maintains website; creates and maintains Facebook page; creates newsletters; creates and distributes flyers; plans events at the airport; and publicizes airport.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required; and
- More than five years of related experience required; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work.
- A.A.E certification from the American Association of Airport Executives is preferred, but not required.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.