The City of Suwanee is looking for a Capital Projects Manager. The Capital Projects Manager will be responsible for managing capital projects for the City. They will oversee, manage, and implement City projects.
- Manage and oversee capital projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Lead the development of project scope, budgets, timelines, and work plans in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Identify funding opportunities and secure grants to support capital projects, as available and needed.
- Manage and track project budgets and expenses and provide regular reporting to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage contracts, including procurement processes, contract negotiations, and administration.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, including City staff, Elected Officials, contractors, and citizens.
- Manage the Request For Proposal (RFP) process for selecting vendors and consultants for capital projects. Develop and negotiate scope of work. Make recommendations for contract awards.
- Conduct site visits, project inspections, and audits to ensure compliance with project requirements, and timelines.
- Plans, conducts, and presents at project related meetings. Coordinates design, specification, and construction meetings; interfacing with key stakeholders including regulatory agencies, and governments (local, state, and federal).
- Make recommendations on change orders as necessary.
- Uses verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders. Coordinates and collaborates with other City Departments as well as external stakeholders as needed to accomplish City objectives and initiatives.
- Represents the City in various administrative and professional situations, prepares and provides recommendations; represents the City and provides recommendations to outside groups; provides briefings to City leaders.
- Assist in securing legal documents between the City and various governmental agencies, utility companies and proposed contractors.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration, or closely related field minimum of 5 years of experience in capital project management including bid management, contract management and grant management or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Certification by the Project Management Institute, or comparable organization preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines related to capital projects, grant management, and state and city bid guidelines.
- Knowledge of project management process with strong project management skills, including budget and tracking, work planning and scheduling.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering/design plans and specifications, site plans, construction specifications, maps, and plats.
- Ability to develop and lead teams and work groups in the absence of supervision / subordinate relationships. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires working effectively with individuals having different educational, cultural, and experience background.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to timely communicate project issues to the various project participants.
- Ability to manage several major projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage construction projects including time and materials.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations; may include ability to perform mathematical operations with fractions; may include ability to compute discount, interest, and ratios; may include ability to calculate surface areas, volumes, weights, and measures.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory, judgmental, or subjective criteria, as opposed to that which is clearly measurable or verifiable.
The City of Suwanee is a certified Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply, please complete the employment application and attach as indicated on the next screen. The employment application is located at: https://suwanee.bamboohr.com/careers/64